Social Security Disability Lawyers in Spartanburg. SC
From Here, For You
Many people find that due to chronic mental and physical impairments that they are no longer able to sustain gainful employment and often seek Social Security Disability benefits. Even more of those people find that their initial application for benefits is turned down. The attorneys at Cummings & Lewis, LLC are intimately familiar with the many complex rules and regulations governing Social Security Disability benefits and have been successful in obtaining benefits for tens of thousands of individuals in the Upstate of South Carolina over the years. We handle Social Security Disability claims for individuals living in Spartanburg, Cherokee, Greenville, Union, Laurens and Anderson Counties.
Social Security Attorney in Spartanburg, SC
There are multiple factors that go into each Social Security case, and each case is as unique as the individuals who are seeking benefits. Chief among the factors used to determine your eligibility for benefits is that you have a condition or a combination of conditions that result in your inability to perform work on a full time basis. The other factors used to evaluate whether someone qualifies for disability benefits include: your age, education level, past relevant work, and any medical evidence that is available regarding your condition(s). Our firm understands that the application process can be long, overwhelming, and confusing. We are here to help. Whether you have just applied for benefits, or are appealing a prior denial, we are here to assist you.
Request a consultation with one of our experienced social security attorneys here.
Choose the Best Spartanburg Security Disability Law Firm
Social Security cases are handled on a contingent basis, meaning that we only receive a fee if we are successful in obtaining benefits for you. In Social Security cases our fee is based off the amount of the back time that you receive. We don’t get paid unless you get paid. We are invested in each file, and will fight to obtain the benefits you deserve.
Contact us today and let us help you like we have tens of thousands of others in obtaining social security disability benefits.
Message Us Online
Social Security Disability FAQ
Eligibility for Social Security Disability depends on two main factors: job history and current medical conditions.
First, it’s necessary to have held paying positions covered by Social Security. Over time, you may have accumulated work credits based on your annual wages or income from self-employment.
Next, you’ll need to prove that your current injuries prevent you from continuing to work on a regular basis. This means fulfilling the Social Security Administration (SSA) definition of disability.
A variety of documents can help your Social Security Disability attorney prove that you are eligible for benefits. Many are mentioned on the SSA’s Adult Disability Checklist. The following are especially important:
- A record of your work history. This could be covered in a resume, pay stubs, or tax returns. You can also set aside time to draft a list of previously held jobs or self-employment activities.
- Medical records from the past several years. Any documentation you can provide regarding your current medical condition should prove helpful. Lab and imaging results, in particular, provide clear insight into your illness and injury as it relates to Social Security Disability.
- Any rejected applications. If you’re working with a South Carolina Social Security Disability lawyer because your previous claim was rejected, bring documentation of the initial application.
In the event of a denied application, it’s important to try for an appeal, rather than reapply. A trusted Social Security Disability attorney can help. The official appeals process could involve several steps, such as:
- A complete review of the claim, known as reconsideration.
- A hearing conducted by an administrative law judge.
- A review from the Appeals Council.
- Filing a civil suit in federal court.
A variety of qualities allow your Social Security Disability attorney to get your Social Security Disability application accepted or resolve your appeal. Your lawyer should also aim to ease your stress during this difficult process. The following are especially important:
- Empathy. Lawyers should understand that navigating the Social Security Disability system can feel overwhelming, as can the illnesses and injuries that make benefits so critical in the first place.
- In-depth knowledge. The ideal attorney will understand the complications of the Social Security Disability system, including both the ins and outs of applications and appeals.
- Attention to detail. Seemingly small details can make a world of difference when applying for benefits or appealing denied claims. Thorough, detail-oriented attorneys are ideal.